This qualification consists of 3 mandatory units
- Unit 1: Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Unit 2: Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Unit 3: Understanding assessment in education and training
Also includes an exciting curriculum to provide the underpinning knowledge and skills to prepare learners to start or enhance their teaching careers. Ideal for a wide range of learners including people entering teaching, training and assessing. It also meets the requirements for training and assessing first aid qualifications as specified by Skills for Health and the HSE.
Guided learning hours (GLH) 48
All trainee teachers joining this qualification programme should undertake an initial assessment of skills in English, mathematics and ICT and be aged 19+. They should record their development needs and, where applicable, agree an action plan to address them.
If trainee teachers join the qualification programme having already undertaken an initial assessment of their English, mathematics and ICT skills, their record of development needs and any previous actions taken to address them should be reviewed and updated as required.
- Valid Passport (any nationality)
- Signed UK Photo card Driving Licence
- Valid Warrant Card issued by HM Forces, Police
Other photographic ID card, e.g. Employee ID Card (must be current employer), Student ID Card, Travel card.