• Understand the problems within the construction industry
• Explain how health and safety law is structured, and how it applies to supervisors
• Identify how the supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling site health and safety
• Carry out risk assessments and method statements
• Carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
• Monitor site activities effective
• Understand the important of timely intervention when bad practices are identified
Please note: Delegates must be competent in English at supervisor level in order to complete this course.
This nationally recognised two-day course introduces Site Supervisors to their legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
The course is specifically designed for first line managers or those who have or are about to acquire supervisory responsibilities.
valid passport (any nationality);
signed UK photo card driving license;
valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police;
Other photographic ID card, e.g. valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police and employee ID card, student ID card, travel card. In the event that a learner is unable to produce any of the forms of photographic identification listed above, a Centre may accept another form of identity containing a signature, for example a credit card or a third-party representative, such as a Line Manager, Human Resources Manager or invigilator, will be accepted.