This is an introductory qualification in its own right but also part of a pathway to the full Level 3 Award in Security Management by providing the first two units for this qualification as approved prior learning (APL) . It has been developed to provide the necessary knowledge and skills for Security Managers or those aspiring to advance their careers within the security industry. This is the next step from the initial SIA licence qualifications to introduce and practice management, supervisory and leadership skills that are required to take ownership of a team and contract effectively. Staff rotas, employment legislation, risk assessments, planning patrols, training needs analysis and many more functions of security management are covered. Holders of this qualification will be able to perform key supervisory or managerial tasks inline with the effective delivery of security contracts at client sites.
Senior leaders from global and local security providers have been engaged throughout the development of this qualification to ensure the necessary requirements for a security manager have been addressed and exceeded to result in a qualification which has direct meaning and purpose for the industry.
- This qualification is available to those over 18 years.
- Candidates should be at least a level 2 numeracy and literacy or equivalent
- Candidates should hold an existing Level 2 or Level 3 SIA licence linked qualification (or equivalent experience).
- valid passport (any nationality);
- signed UK photo card driving license;
- valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police;
- Other photographic ID card, e.g. valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police and employee ID card, student ID card, travel card. In the event that a learner is unable to produce any of the forms of photographic identification listed above, a Centre may accept another form of identity containing a signature, for example a credit card or a third-party representative, such as a Line Manager, Human Resources Manager or invigilator, will be accepted.