This course builds on the Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health and covers a wider range of mental health conditions and goes into detail on the range of therapy and professional support that a person may be given by professional bodies during treatment for a mental health condition.
The course is suitable for all persons within a workplace but is aimed at those who hold a supervisory/managerial level position and who have responsibility for implementing a positive mental health culture and responsibility for First Aid for Mental Health within an organisation.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
- A large range of Mental Health conditions covered in detail
12 contact hours of training
Learners are required to be 16 years of age prior to certification.
- valid passport (any nationality);
- signed UK photo card driving license;
- valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police;
Other photographic ID card, e.g. valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police, employee ID card, student ID card, travel card. In the event that a learner is unable to produce any of the forms of photographic identification listed above, a Centre may accept another form of identity containing a signature, for example a credit card or a third-party representative, such as a Line Manager, Human Resources Manager or invigilator, will be accepted.