This qualification has been developed to provide the necessary knowledge and skills for Security Managers or those aspiring to advance their careers within the security industry. This is the next step from the initial SIA licence qualifications to introduce and practice management, supervisory and leadership skills that are required to take ownership of a team and contract effectively. Staff rotas, employment legislation, risk assessments, planning patrols, handling major and minor incidents, proactive task analysis, appraisals, training needs analysis and many more functions of security management are covered along with live simulations and desktop exercises to put new abilities into practice. Refining and developing existing skill sets are an integral part of this qualification where you will also learn to conduct vehicle searching and pass these proficiencies onto your team.
Senior leaders from global and local security providers have been engaged throughout the development of this qualification to ensure the necessary requirements for a security manager have been addressed and exceeded to result in a qualification which has direct meaning and purpose for the industry.
- This qualification is available to those over 18 years.
- Candidates should be at least a level 2 numeracy and literacy or equivalent
- Candidates should hold an existing Level 2 or Level 3 SIA licence linked qualification (or equivalent experience).
- valid passport (any nationality);
- signed UK photo card driving license;
- valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police;
- Other photographic ID card, e.g. valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police and employee ID card, student ID card, travel card. In the event that a learner is unable to produce any of the forms of photographic identification listed above, a Centre may accept another form of identity containing a signature, for example a credit card or a third-party representative, such as a Line Manager, Human Resources Manager or invigilator, will be accepted.