This qualification aims to provide learners with the skills and underpinning knowledge required by employers in a broad range of contexts where information, advice or guidance (IAG)is provided. The qualification is appropriate for learners who have responsibility for information, advice or guidance as part of their core work and for those who may be involved in general signposting within the sector. The qualification will also support work based learning within the sector.
The qualification will also support work based learning within the sector. The qualification is appropriate to those working in Further Education supporting young people with careers and personal choices such as teachers, lecturers, support staff and learning mentors. It is also appropriate to those giving advice in the Voluntary Sector, health workers and anyone who would benefit from a programme of study reinforcing good practice, underpinning knowledge and formally recognising learning and skills developed through experience.
The qualification is particularly suitable for those who:
- Have completed another qualification at Level 2 in a relevant occupational sector
- Deliver information, advice or guidance and who want recognition for the work that they do
- Are Personal Advisors in the Welfare to Work sector who may need to develop their skills in providing personalised support.
- Learners should be aged 19 or above to undertake this qualification
- The demands and nature of the qualification and the assessment requirements are such that learners will need to have literacy skills which are a least at Level 2
- valid passport (any nationality);
- signed UK photo card driving license;
- valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police;
- Other photographic ID card, e.g. valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police and employee ID card, student ID card, travel card. In the event that a learner is unable to produce any of the forms of photographic identification listed above, a Centre may accept another form of identity containing a signature, for example a credit card or a third-party representative, such as a Line Manager, Human Resources Manager or invigilator, will be accepted.