The Emergency First aid for Sport (RQF) qualification is aimed at those undertaking the role of an emergency First aider in a sporting environment, for example PE teachers and sports coaches. The Qualification naturally meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (first aid) Regulations 1981 (1982 NI)
Due to the language of the assessment, it is recommended that learners have sufficient command of the English language in order to understand the assessment and to undertake the recommended assessment methods.
Attendees will be required to demonstrate First Aid procedures as they would in a real environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore be physically capable of doing so.
This qualification is available to those over 16 years.
- valid passport (any nationality);
- signed UK photo card driving license;
- valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police;
- Other photographic ID card, e.g. valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police and employee ID card, student ID card, travel card.
- In the event that a learner is unable to produce any of the forms of photographic identification listed above, a Centre may accept another form of identity containing a signature, for example a credit card or a third-party representative, such as a Line Manager, Human Resources Manager or invigilator, will be accepted.