This qualification is for those requiring a first aid qualification to support their role as a sports coach or instructor. The qualification builds on the Emergency first aid at work qualification, to include core common injuries found in sorting activities
Due to the language of the assessment, it is recommended that learners have sufficient command of the English language in order to understand the assessment and to undertake the recommended assessment methods.
Attendees will be required to demonstrate First Aid procedures as they would in a real environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore be physically capable of doing so.
This qualification is available to those over 16 years.
- valid passport (any nationality);
- signed UK photo card driving license;
- valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police;
- Other photographic ID card, e.g. valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police and employee ID card, student ID card, travel card.
- In the event that a learner is unable to produce any of the forms of photographic identification listed above, a Centre may accept another form of identity containing a signature, for example a credit card or a third-party representative, such as a Line Manager, Human Resources Manager or invigilator, will be accepted.