The Level 2 Physical Intervention one day course is designed for those working in roles where the need for further development in line with Conflict Management training is required.
The skills are designed to be non-pain compliant and not reliant on size, strength or gender. It is now mandatory for new Door Supervisors and will be mandatory for those with existing licenses and as a condition of renewal, it is also recommended for security guards, stewards and those employed within the industry.
The course covers all aspects relating to workplace violence leading to use of force and physical intervention skills. The course is broken down in to three main areas inclusive of guidance on legal compliance relating to the use of force and the law today
- Disengagement techniques.
- Escorting & Holding (Non-Restrictive and Restrictive holding techniques)
- The Law.
The Training consists of the following:
- The requirement to use non-physical skills as far as possible.
- The law in relation to ‘reasonable force’ and ‘self-defence’.
- The value of assessing a situation before intervening.
- Using physical intervention as a last resort.
- Possible medical implications.
- The potential legal implications of the techniques.
- Problem solving.
- Disengagement techniques.Disengagement techniques.
- Escorting and guiding skills.
- Holding skills.
- The Physical Intervention course is assessed through class participation and practical techniques during the sessions.
This is a one Day Level 2 Award