This qualification is for those working in environments where they are likely to have to deal with aggressive individuals. Example’s may include those working in service industries or retail. The qualification is not for those that are likely to have to intervene in violent situations.
This course has been developed to raise awareness amongst staff of recognizing the contributing factors to violence at work and how to manage these, and covers:
- Define the word violence
- Legal requirements
- Recording incidents
- Control measures
- Recognising signs of aggression
- Reducing the risk through interpersonal skills
The content has been written to meet accepted guidelines and can be tailored to meet the needs of the employer, but additional time may need to be added.
This qualification is available to those over 16 years. Candidates should be at least a level 1 numeracy and literacy or equivalent
- valid passport (any nationality);
- signed UK photo card driving license;
- valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police;
- Other photographic ID card, e.g. valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police and employee ID card, student ID card, travel card. In the event that a learner is unable to produce any of the forms of photographic identification listed above, a Centre may accept another form of identity containing a signature, for example a credit card or a third-party representative, such as a Line Manager, Human Resources Manager or invigilator, will be accepted.