This qualification is recommended as training for first aiders in the workplace environment who have access to a defibrillator.
The topics covered are regarded by Skills for Health as being important to maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective administration of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and automated external defibrillation.
This qualification consists of two mandatory units and is typically delivered over a period of 2 days with a minimum contact time of 12 hours.
Guided learning hours (GLH) 6- or 4-hour course depending on the need for paediatric chocking
- There are no prerequisites for this qualification.
- It is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
- This qualification is approved for delivery to the age ranges 16-18 and 19+.
- Valid Passport (any nationality)
- Signed UK Photo card Driving License
- Valid Warrant Card issued by HM Forces, Police
- Other photographic ID card, e.g. Employee ID Card (must be current employer), Student ID Card, Travel card.