In March 2012 the SIA announced the intention to require existing door supervisors who had achieved the pre-QCF Door Supervision qualification (for example the National Certificate for Door Supervision) to undertake additional training in order to renew their license.
This regulated qualification comprises the following two mandatory units:
- Unit 1: Physical Intervention Skills within the Private Security Industry
- Unit 2: Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors within the Private Security Industry
LEVEL 2 AWARD FOR UPSKILLING A DOOR SUPERVISOR WITHIN THE PRIVATE SECURITY INDUSTRY (QCF)
The minimum contact hours for this qualification are 12.5 hours of the required 18 guided learning hours. For full details of delivery requirements, please refer to the specification.
To register for this qualification, learners are required to meet the following entry requirements:
- Age Range: This qualification is approved for delivery to learners aged 18 and over.
Security operatives are likely in the course of their work to be required to make calls to the emergency services or need to communicate clearly to resolve conflict. It is therefore essential that security operatives are able to communicate clearly.
It is the Centre’s responsibility to ensure that each learner is sufficiently competent in the use of the English and/or Welsh language. All assessment must be conducted in the medium of English and/or Welsh, as appropriate. Centres must ensure that learners have sufficient language skills before putting the learners forward for assessment.
As a guide, learners should, as a minimum, have language skills equivalent to the following:
- A B1 level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognized English tests and qualifications;
- An ESOL qualification at (Level 1) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland;
An ESOL qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland:
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English; and
- SQA Core Skills in Communication at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5
- Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1.