This awareness course is suitable for everyone as it provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a suspected mental health condition and the skills to start a conversation and be able to signpost a person towards professional help.
All members of the public can benefit from this course and it is a great stepping stone into First Aid for Mental Health.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
4 contact hours of training
Learners are required to be 14 years of age prior to certification.
- valid passport (any nationality);
- signed UK photo card driving license;
- valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police;
Other photographic ID card, e.g. valid warrant card issued by HM Forces, Police, employee ID card, student ID card, travel card. In the event that a learner is unable to produce any of the forms of photographic identification listed above, a Centre may accept another form of identity containing a signature, for example a credit card or a third-party representative, such as a Line Manager, Human Resources Manager or invigilator, will be accepted.